The 2019 UN Global Climate Action Award Winners: Narrated by David Suzuki
This is the free video The 2019 UN Global Climate Action Award Winners: Narrated by David Suzuki that can be downloaded, played and edit with our RedcoolMedia movie maker MovieStudio free video editor online and AudioStudio free audio editor online
Play, download and edit the free video The 2019 UN Global Climate Action Award Winners: Narrated by David Suzuki.
The UN Climate Change Momentum for Change initiative shines a light on some of the world’s brightest and best climate solutions.
By showcasing these stories of creativity and transformational change, along with the extraordinary people behind them, we can inspire everyone to help shape a better future.
The 2019 Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities are:
● Impossible Foods | Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, Macau: Creating plant-based alternatives to meat.
● Alipay Ant Forest | China: Using digital technologies to scale up climate action.
● Ghent en Garde | Belgium: Creating structural change through local food policy.
● Electriciens sans frontières | Dominica: Providing “emergency pockets” of solar energy to health centres.
Climate Neutral Now:
● MAX Burgers | Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Poland: Creating the world’s first “Climate Positive” menu.
● Natura’s Carbon Neutral Programme | Global: Measuring and reducing emissions across their entire value chain, from the extraction of raw materials through to their distribution.
● Apple’s Emissions Reduction Mission | Global: Reducing their emissions through clean energy and innovative product design.
● Infosys’ Journey to Carbon Neutrality | India: One of the first companies of its type to commit to carbon neutrality, while investing in local carbon offsetting projects.
Women for Results:
● CAMFED: Young Women’s Grassroots Action on Climate Change | Sub-Saharan Africa: Training young women from marginalized farming communities to become Agriculture Guides.
● Mothers Out Front | US: A movement of over 24,000 mothers mobilising for a liveable climate for their children.
● Women’s Action Towards Climate Resilience in South Asia | Bangladesh, India and Nepal: Empowering women in low-income households to increase their climate resilience.
● Eco Wave Power | Israel, Gibraltar: A world-leading project generating clean energy from the ocean, co-founded and led by a female CEO.
Financing for Climate Friendly Investment:
● Beyond the Grid Fund | Zambia: Providing affordable, off-grid clean energy solutions that are quick to deploy.
● Women’s Livelihood Bond Series | Global: Unlocking over USD 150 million in capital to empower over two million women in South and Southeast Asia.
● Québec’s International Climate Cooperation Program | Canada: Issuing climate finance and support to developing countries, funded by the province’s own carbon market.
Download, play and edit free videos and free audios from The 2019 UN Global Climate Action Award Winners: Narrated by David Suzuki using RedcoolMedia.net web apps