This is the free video Budget Talk that can be downloaded, played and edit with our RedcoolMedia movie maker MovieStudio free video editor online and AudioStudio free audio editor online
Play, download and edit the free video Budget Talk.
Have you ever wondered how our City plans financially? We’re currently deep in the process of financial planning for 2021 and I’d like to tell you more about how this process has worked during my 13 years on city council and how the process is slightly different this year.
Our July 6th City Council meeting is going to be very important as the City Manager will present a proposed budget for next year to City Council. We want your input on the budget and we want you to know how your tax dollars are being spent. I encourage you to watch this video where I detail the financial planning process, reach out for a discussion and join us at City Council meetings.
Key takeaways from the video:
- City Council and City Staff begin the budget process for the next year in January using a Strategic Planning Process and then the Capital Projects Planning Process.
- I have always believed that the most effective way to control the tax burden on our community is by controlling spending. To achieve this there has to be communication and transparency throughout the budget process and strong financial management while implementing approved budgets.
- The City of Lake Jackson has been recognized by the State of Texas and Financial Auditing organizations as being exceptional in the financial management of our city year after year.
- This link will take you to the webpage where you can view current and past budgets, current and past third-party financial audits and monthly statements on expenses and revenue. lakejackson-tx.gov/Archive.aspx
- This year, due to the action taken by the past legislative session, our budget timeline is considerably shortened. This year we will have to approve a budget by the end of August. This is necessary because if the budget is required to go to the voters the August approval will allow the appropriate time to place the budget on the standard November ballot.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and watch the video. Your involvement in our city’s growth and development is valued and needed, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Download, play and edit free videos and free audios from Budget Talk using RedcoolMedia.net web apps